WRAPS Coordinators and Partners:
The WRAPS priority scoring matrix will continue to be utilized on an annual basis to evaluate the WRAPS projects. This information will allow KDHE to update WRAPS Score Cards, and will provide valuable feedback to both KDHE and the WRAPS groups with regard progress made toward achieving the goals of the projects.
In order to insure that we have all the possible data available to update the implementation score for your project for this upcoming evaluation period, KDHE is requesting that all completed BMPs be entered into the new KCW system by July 15, 2015. BMP entry is necessary for all projects that are actively reporting in the new KCW system. The BMPs to be evaluated this period included any that have been completed within State Fiscal Year 2015 (i.e. with installed dates between July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015).
For your reference, two documents have been developed for guidance when WRAPS projects are entering BMPs into the KCW system. The first is a Flow Chart entitled “Reporting BMPs to the Kansas Clean Waters (KCW) System” indicating which BMPs should be reported on the system and can be found at the bottom of this page. The second is a two-page PDF document entitled “Required Information for BMP Entry In KCW System” containing guidance on how to enter the BMPs, a link to which can be found at the bottom of this page. The PDF also includes the helpful hints below, which should be considered as you enter your BMPs into the system:
- In the system, BMPs can be reported at any time (once completed), they do not have to be reported in conjunction with a quarterly or semi-annual report.
- Do not enter BMPs that are 100% funded by the Division of Conservation (DOC) or NRCS funding. KDHE will be collecting that BMP data from another source. Only enter WRAPS/319 funded (wholly or in part) projects or projects from other funding sources (i.e. local City funds)
- When entering BMP information, use whole numbers only, do not use decimals.
- Please be sure to include the landowner name(s) whenever possible.
- If you have a multi-year grant, when entering the landowner name please include the 8-digit grant number from which the BMP was funded from, (Example: Jones, 2008-0012). This will help to ensure that the BMP and associated funding is reported for the correct grant.
Please ensure that you enter any BMPs that have not been entered at this time and that have been completed within SFY 15. If you have any questions regarding BMP entry completion, contact your project officer. For general KCW questions/issues, you can contact Dolly McKasson at 785-296-4195 or Ann D'Alfonso at 785-296-3015.